Mt. Zion Church is situated on section 16, township 57, and range 5, and was organized in 1859. The original members were Thomas H. Paschal, Samuel O. Hendren, Wesley L. Taylor and others. The church is a brick building, and was built in 1859, at a cost of $3,500. It was dedicated the same year by Dr. William Hatch. The pastors that have served this church have been Dr. William Hatch, Winthrop Hopson, L. B. Wilkes, J. R. Lucas, and J. N. Wright. The present membership is 150.