This church was organized in the year 1849. The names of the original members have not been obtained. The church building is a brick, and was erected in 1852, at a cost of about $3,000. It is situated on section 29, township 57, and range 5. The church was dedicated in 1853, by Elders William Hurley, James S. Green, Granger, and Nathan Ayres. The pastors have been Elders Nathan Ayres, James S. Green, John T. Williams, Thomas H. Storts, R. H. Rhodes, William Cleveland, B. F. Hixon, P. R. Ridgeley, W. J. Patrick and D. W. Morgan. The present membership numbers 111.